Thursday, December 17, 2009

Just Another Morning

The holidays do not stress me out. I share a pretty cool mom who takes very good care of us, so I literally can go home with the clothes on my back and be totally set. However, now that my sister is going Violet Beauregarde on me I don’t think I’ll be sharing clothes with her anytime soon. Regardless, we are totally taken care of and this makes my Christmas much less stressful.

That being said, I’ve been a mental mess lately. My schedule has been insane. My workload is heavy. And I’m about to check myself into mental rehab. Or go to Cabo, whichever is cheaper. I am not 100% complaining. But I am prepping you. Because in order to fully understand my little situation this morning, you must realize I am a wreck.

After going through my pile of clean/semi dirty clothes on the floor I came up with a pretty decent outfit for the day. I decided to compliment this outfit with a pair of zip up boots. Now, the boots are about a half size too small for me anyways, but when I put them on this morning they felt extra tight. And uncomfortable. Like I was in Geisha training or something. Powering through the pain in the name of beauty I went along with my morning. I chalked this sudden misfit of footwear up to my recently discovered gray hairs, as I do with everything that now looks, bigger, fatter, flabbier, or less Gisele like.

However, walking was a challenge too. It was awkward and made me feel extremely dizzy.

I am sure you’re all a little more intelligent than I, and have by now realized I had my shoes on the wrong feet. My only saving grace was that the live in had already left for work, and I avoided rounds of teasing. Or so I thought.

I love my work family almost as much as I love my real family. So, I made the mistake of telling them this story too. There was quite a bit of laughter to say the least. And, if that wasn’t bad enough someone who was only partially listening asked me how old I was when this happened to me. Well – it was THIS morning, so that’d make me about 28. I do believe she peed her pants from laughing so hard.

Maybe my mom can write a big L and R on the soles of my shoes while I am home…

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the love and laughter, you were always "special." love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! Made me smile today! Your hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halarious! Hang in there...the craziness is almost over!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete