Friday, October 1, 2010

Chad (the fish)

Since we’re going to be gone for a few days I decided to drop Chad off at daycare. AKA my work. The car ride in wasn’t so fun for him, but I think all of the attention he’s been getting since arriving has more than made up for it. Chad isn’t so different from his namesake really, they both crave the spotlight.

Am I worried about leaving Chad with 15 or so non semi-aggressive beta fish owners? A teeny bit. The first question one of my co-workers asked me this morning is if I would be upset if Chad died. And if that didn’t give me the warm and fuzzys someone else asked if he would just eat anything they put in his tank. Hmm.

I was also reminded that if we have children I was not allowed to bring them in, drop them off with some food, and come back in 5 days like I am doing with Chad. Yes, I know. This is the very reason we have a semi-aggressive beta. Not a dog. Not a cat.

Really - I think Chad will be just fine. I’ve placed him next to a smokin’ picture of Tim Tebow, left detailed instruction about his care, and even pulled the shades down so he won’t boil to death.

Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Too funny. Good luck to Chad. Have a blast on your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys have a great vacation! Hopefully Chad enjoys his too.

    ReplyDelete