Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vis Island, Croatia

If the blog suddenly goes dark, I fail to show up at work, answer my phone,
or even neglect to watch the season finale of (the worst ever) Bachelorette…
it’s because I’ve moved.  To Vis. 

One of my new favorite places on Earth.

Vis was our first stop in Croatia and couldn’t have been more perfect.  It’s authentic, and beautiful, and small, and charming.  It’s vineyards reminds me of Italy.  It’s insane cleanliness reminds me of Switzerland.  It’s gorgeous waters and landscape reminds me of Greece. 

While we were in Vis we rented scooters to travel around the island.  We were a scooter gang, the live in and I.  We explored hidden beaches, old churches, and got lost in the small cobblestoned back alleys of the village.  The first day we had the scooters I was a little timid with the idea and took all of the precautions you’d expect…closed toed shoes, long sleeves, using the blinker.  But before you knew it we were quickly zipping around in swimsuits and flip flops.  We loved scooting.  












3 comments:

  1. TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL! But, shame on you for wearing flip flops on a scooter, you know better. love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely going on our list of places to visit!! looks absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so beautiful! Also, your mom's comment is really cute.

    ReplyDelete