Sunday, September 27, 2009

Busted

I think my live in might be special needs at times. Last night this was confirmed.

One of the ways we save money is by being super frugal and cheap in areas. Like toothbrushes, for example. I cannot remember the last time we bought one from the store. We either steal new ones from my mom {she buys the nice kind} or we use the toothbrushes our dentist gives us.

Last weekend I threw away my old purple toothbrush and opened a new one from the dentist. It was red. We have a toothbrush holder with four spaces in it. I always use the space to the far left, and the live in always uses the space to the far right. Remember, the live in can be a princess, so he also has a toothbrush in the shower. It is red.

Throughout the week I started to notice that my new red toothbrush had been getting moved from its home on the far left of the holder to the space on the far right. I also noticed that at times it was wet. I only live with my live in husband; we do not have pets or ghosts, or vampires that live here too. So, I asked him why he was using my toothbrush. He denied it. Over and over. And although I knew it was him, I really hadn’t caught him using it and started to question if it was actually me who put it away in the wrong spot. I should tell you that the live in normally has a red toothbrush in the holder also. Except last weekend when I replaced my purple one with the new red one I don’t remember it being in there.

The last time I remember questioning him about using my toothbrush he thought I was crazy. Like in my mind I thought it had been too long since we’d had a good fight about nothing and so I created this whole toothbrush slander against him.

However, last night he got ready for bed at the sink while I was still in the shower. When I got out my toothbrush was soaking wet and on the right hand side of the holder. He had already gotten in bed, so I open the bathroom door and ask why he used my toothbrush. Again, he denies it. He then proceeds to say that the toothbrush in question is really old and is actually his. I explain, again, that it’s my new toothbrush, straight out of the box last weekend. By this point we are screaming at each other. He tries to say that the bristles are worn and this proves it’s his. The bristles look pristine. Mint condition. Then he claims that I threw away his red toothbrush that was formerly in the holder, only to replace it with my new one. Yep, totally busted…I love throwing away his toothbrushes in the hopes that he can get mine equally as gross. Then, it dawns on me. His lazy self hasn’t even unpacked from last weekend when we were at Jeff’s wedding.

I march over to his extra large cosmetic bag that remained unpacked, open it up, and find…his red toothbrush. The same one he swore over and over again that I had been using or perhaps even thrown away.

For a week now I’ve been asking him about this. And for one week he never once thought about his unpacked toiletry bag. Today, he’ll tell you that this is a classic case of “miscommunication” and we can learn something from it. I’d tell you that it’s a classic case of the live in and the only thing that can be learned is that we need to ask our dentist for a different color toothbrush other than red.

1 comment:

  1. Time for individual electric toothbrushes...I recommend Sonicare! Good deals at Costco!

    ReplyDelete