Thursday, June 4, 2009

Hot Child in the City

Please see profile to right. Sleep is a love of mine. Jealous people are not, but that’s a whole other story.

Portland has been amazing lately. The weather has been perfect. And, thanks to this little episode, my skin is slowly turning a shade less pale. However, loft life has gotten a little more complicated during the night hours. Our loft could easily be described as a gigantic incubator. But, instead of warming cute little farm animals or newly born babies, this incubator is heating up my rage (again, please see profile picture…natural red head).

We do have air conditioning, which is lovely. But, for some reason all logic is thrown out the window once the clock strikes 11pm. At 10:30pm we are smart enough to realize that if its 72 degrees and muggy outside, inside the incubator will be at least 77 degrees without A/C. Not ideal sleeping conditions.

I generally get into bed first, while the live in prepares himself for his beauty sleep. This routine includes several rounds of dental care, one breathe right nose strip, facial moisturizer, and some quality one on one time with the mirror. And because I don’t like anything to stand in the way of my head hitting that pillow, the responsibility of compound lock down is up to him. Lock the door, turn off the lights, and turn on the fan and turn off the a/c? Good idea. The only thing I love more than sleep sweat is waking up with my hair in knots from the 25 mile an hour wind coming at me from only two feet away. Awesome. Hmm, maybe Costco is running a sale on bulk chapstick? Or what do the soldiers in the Middle East use? Sure we live miles away, but ironically we both go to sleep in similar conditions.

But, the rage won three nights ago when I woke up, shut the window, and turned on the a/c. The rage won again last night when I woke up, and moved the fan. The rage will win again tonight when I wake up and heave the fan out the window.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment