Monday, April 20, 2009

Rated N: for Negative

Truth be told, one of the reasons I started this blog was to have a fabulous and creative mind distraction for myself. Some people watch TV, I choose to blog. I also said I wouldn’t let the blog turn negative. No jokes about anything too real life. Nothing that might hurt other people’s feelings (although big f-ing deal if you ask me, however my live in is more kind).

Today, I am breaking the rules. Happy people put your ear muffs on, because this blog is going negative.

I am bright red. I mean it, bright freakin red. Yesterday I cooked like a goose while watching the baseball game and today I am paying for it big time. My arms, my hands, and my nose are the main victims here. Visually, I look like a poorly dressed clown. Physically, I feel like crap.

This morning I thought I was going to be sick. I was literally an accident waiting to happen as I hung my head out the car window my entire commute to work. I am assuming this is a nice side affect to the major sunburn I have fallen victim too. And, unlike my sickness from food baby, this nausea has yet to go away. Lovely.

Even more lovely…all of the concerned citizens I am encountering. Apparently unless you walk up to a sunburn victim, stare at their fire red skin, and then announce to that person they have a sunburn, the sunburn victim might have never known about the burn. And, even more thoughtful, some people feel it necessary to share the word regarding sunscreen. For the record, I do know about sunscreen. However, I definitely applied it too late in the game yesterday – my fault. Also, I think the sunscreen could be expired. I “think” because the bottle is from Greece and all of the writing is, of course, in Greek.

Tomorrow is a new day…hopefully my burn will have improved, and I promise to be nice again.

My friends, I hope your Mondays are going better than mine.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to go ahead and let you know your sunscreen is expired. I know how long it has been since you would have had the opportunity to buy a bottle of sunscreen in Greece, so yeah, it's time to get a new bottle. However, fairly impressive you still have a bottle from that many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! sorry to hear about the burn, crack open a bottle of champers it will make it all go away :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear that! It doesn't make it any better that people continually remind you either (believe me, I know from my lip incident). It was refreshing to see negative Erica.

    -Sara M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better! I know how painful a sunburn can be....I never tan...only freckle!

    ReplyDelete