Sunday, April 12, 2009

We Heart Portland

We love this little city of ours. Saturday night was the perfect reminder...
  • Thanks to Lizzy’s post the live in, the friends, and myself discovered the late night food carts on Hawthorne St. The food is great, read about it on her blog. However for me, my favorite part of this new find was the atmosphere. My kind of people. I liked it so much I believe I even mentioned pitching a tent and sleeping amongst the food carts all night… and I honestly don’t think anyone would have cared.
  • After our 4th meal we were serenaded by Thomas Lauderdale on the ride home. Well, technically not serenaded but for several blocks my little Jetta was side by side with his Mercedes convertible, and we couldn’t help but get a free concert as he sung with the top down. Only in Portland could we be so lucky.
  • Prom night! Not ours, of course, but outside the Crystal Ballroom we witnessed some classic prom teen love. Boy offers girl his tux jacket, boy and girl make out. Girl is using a plastic Safeway bag as her purse. This is a true story.

I only wish I would have brought my camera along for the night. Welcome to the work week, my friends.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally in love with the food carts on 12th and Hawthorne! I agree, the atmosphere, the people watching - seriously the best.

    ReplyDelete