Monday, April 13, 2009

Reminder...

...sometimes people surprise you.

Yesterday the live in and I stopped by our favorite flower shop, Sammy’s Flowers, to pick up a bouquet before heading over to the in-laws for Easter dinner. Inside the shop was a man, who I feel pretty confident in assuming was homeless, purchasing a small bunch of flowers. Major hint: his “gear” was sitting outside on the bench while he shopped.

After he left I asked flower shop girl who he was buying flowers for. I normally don’t stalk every customer but this made me curious. A homeless guy who buys custom bouquets in the Pearl? You don’t see that everyday. Flower shop girl got a big smile on her face and said, “They’re for his sweetie.” Apparently he comes in often to purchase flowers for her, and yesterday he made her bouquet a little extra special because of the holiday.

I don’t know why, but I think this is rad. I am sure he buys plenty of beer with his “earnings” too, but honestly, who doesn’t? So the next time a homeless person asks you for change remember – you could really be brightening someone’s day. Or just fueling their drinking habits…but come on, let’s think crazy.

Happy Monday, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment