Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sidebar Thursday!

The sweet, sweet Sidebar Thursday is finally back. Sorry for the hiatus.

A shout out goes to my good friends Justin and Sara H. They successfully played a pretty rad April Fool’s day joke on everyone. Thanks for the laughs, guys!

Could the debate over the “Made in Oregon” sign please stop?! Just like any good Portlander I do find joy in watching Rudolph’s nose turn on and off, but I am young and resilient…change doesn’t scare me. As long as they don’t plaster anything offensive (basically anything pertaining to the U of O) I am totally fine with the evolution of this sign. Make a decision and go.


{photo from flickr}


Restaurant Updates:
Looking for a fabulous spot that won’t break the recession wallet? Go to Porque No Taqueria. This is a favorite with the live in and I. In fact, it could possibly be my favorite place in all of Portland. Porque No serves amazing Mexican food, drinks, and starters. I will go back time and time again for the Bryan’s Bowl, spicy cucumbers, and good ‘ol chips and salsa. Their atmosphere is relaxed, and cool…you will often be listening to the iPod of the staff, and watching soccer on the TV. We go to their location on Mississippi Ave, which is tiny. I am talking maybe five small tables with a few chairs at the counter. They don’t take reservations, you order at the counter, and you bus your own tables. All things cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment