Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back to College...Voluntarily!?

My friends, guess what I am doing this week?

Speaking at the OSU career fair hosted by my college {which I don’t even know the current name for because they’ve changed it a million times since I graduated}. Yikes! When I graduated the department consisted of Apparel Design, Interior Design, Housing Design, and Merchandising Management. My degree is in the later. Anyhoo, that’s what I am doing.

Honestly, I think they asked me to do it because after going through the list of good students they learned that they all got fancy jobs in NYC or probably at Harrod’s in London, and I was the only one still living in Oregon and actually using her degree. Or, they could have asked me because I am probably their example of how you can go from barely passing classes to gainfully employed by a Fortune 500 company.

All joking aside, I am a little nervous to go and speak. College kids are weird. They’re all super trendy and techno savvy at the same time. They still think, “No question is a stupid question” and to be quite honest I am afraid of what they are going to ask. What if they ask how many Facebook friends I have? Or how do I feel about MTV bringing back The Jersey Shore for a second season? And if they ask about Excel I am done.

The good news…I am bringing some free stuff along with me. Nothing says “be nice to me” like an armful of goodies…

3 comments:

  1. No worries, you'll WOW them! love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you go? And the answer is YES they should bring the Jersey Shore back for a second season!!! :) Love that show...shameless i know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous. Have a slice of American Dream and be mad at Chipotle for taking over Fung's for me.

    ReplyDelete