Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Busted

Have any of you seen the movie, The Invention on Lying? Well, don’t. It’s a terrible movie. The live in and I picked it up from Red Box over the weekend. But, it did make me wonder…who invented “the cat nap”? That person is genius, and my personal hero. I know cat napping isn’t for everyone, but it certainly is for me.

Yesterday I snuck out of work a teeny bit early {work, please don’t be mad} to get in a good cat nap before I indulged in an evening pedicure/chat session with a girlfriend. I need 15 or 20 minutes minimum, but was shooting for 35-45 yesterday {it was Monday, after all}. However, when I got to the door of our loft I noticed it was unlocked…my live in was home early too.

He was on the phone with work, ESPN was on mute, and he had “changed” out of his suit into his tee shirt, trouser socks, and boxer briefs. We both exchanged looks. We were both busted.

Not exactly the perfect cat nap I had planned, but there is always this afternoon…

And if you know who invented the cat nap, please let me know so I can send them a thank you card.

2 comments:

  1. haha cat naps aren't for me..I can't stop the crankiness when i inevitably have to wake up. I just want to keep sleeping!

    Loving the regular posts lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmigosh, color me jealous! Love cat naps but don't get nearly enough opportunities to partake. And with my complete Olympics-dork-out the last 2 weeks, I could use it, those figure skaters are keeping me up til all hours :)

    ReplyDelete