Thursday, April 29, 2010

Loft Window Ideas

One of the first things the live in and I fell in love with about our loft is the windows. They are big, and just about span the length of our two exterior walls. We’re talking lots of windows.

Although we currently have shades on all of our windows I’ve recently become obsessed with how to update them. Our shades are made of a similar material to that of a window screen – when they are closed we can still see out and they let filtered light in. This is great in some ways, but right now I’d like something that can shield a little more of the sunlight. So, last week we had a very nice lady come out to the loft and give us a couple of estimates for new window coverings. Turns out we have miles of windows to cover and the cost ranged from $8,000 all the way up to $12,000 depending on the style. Yikes!

Obviously this is well out of the budget, so I’m back to square one. Today I came across these cute pompom fringe curtains and I’m thinking they could do the trick. I wouldn’t use sheer fabric, but something a little more solid, placed over our current roller shades. We’ll see. If you have any great {not too expensive} suggestions, let me know…


4 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful!
    I will have a think about it and I will let you know...Hmm...
    Kisses and have a nice evening:)
    Thanks so much for your comment! So lovely of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering how you always seem to just "run across" these ideas - from a bird mobile to pompom curtains...it's amazing! love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be frowned upon since I'm a designer for my day job, but all my curtains are from Ikea. They're a bit plain, but are much less expensive more design-y stores and come in long lengths if you've got high ceilings.

    The windows at my apartment are HUGE, so I share your pain/joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just popped in on your blog, love it.

    i have the same lust for window ideas. i have two LARGE windows in our loft and haven't figure out what to do yet. love all the yellow in the photo

    ReplyDelete