Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Proud

Dear Friends,

If you get a chance to be a mentor – take it. Mentorship comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes and can be as simple as being a friend to someone who needs one. I’ve informally become a career mentor to someone I met while I was visiting OSU a few months ago and today I got the warm and fuzzy feeling parents rave about. I strongly encouraged her to take a less-than-glamorous class this term, and today she emailed and was so excited to tell me that she got a 100% on her midterm. It’s her new favorite class. I almost cried in my cube while reading her email she was so excited. So, long story short, be a mentor – it’s good for both of you.

love,
erica

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you, love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mentoring is so rewarding, it does come in all different forms. I always seem to learn the most when I am mentoring and you meet the most wonderful people. Who ever has you for there Mentor is a very lucky person!! You are such an amazing person Erica! Love, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an amazing feeling when you can help someone like you did! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete