Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Letter

Dear Mr. Sandman,

Please send some good sleep to my sweet live in and I tonight. The sound of a siren, a motorcycle revving, or a street fight might help. Please re-direct several semi-trucks to drive right outside my parent’s quiet suburban home. If you are feeling especially generous you will schedule midnight road construction too. You see, Mr. Sandman, were are not sleeping in the loft again tonight. We are sleeping far away where the sound of crickets and frogs fill the nighttime air. To ordinary people this may be soothing. To us, it just’s not busy enough.

xoxo,
erica and her live in.
...

1 comment:

  1. I adore this post. I adore noise and sirens and street sweeping and garbage trucks. I adore the next buildings' enormous air conditioner. I even love traffic.

    Crickets are annoying.

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete