Friday, July 17, 2009

MO...Mission O-ccomplished

Hello, my friends, long time no see. I am in the midst of a little self praise. I love setting goals for myself, and I love even more the feeling of actually moving toward reaching the goals. Currently my goal is to be more “lady like”.

I come back to this dream every summer…and fall, and winter too, but generally most often in the summer. You see, I hate shaving my legs. I absolutely loathe it. I often wonder what celebrities do in this area. I can’t imagine someone with unlimited financial resources actually shaving their own legs. Laser hair removal? Waxing? What’s their answer? If I weren’t saving up for my eye lid lift, I would be saving for total hair removal of the fiercest kind. Until then, I am stuck with the old fashion razor and cream method.

My poor live in. My other qualities must out weight this teeny tiny issue, because it’s very rare to find me with silky smooth legs. Not even on our wedding day did I shave. Not even on our wedding day.

However, since I don’t know of an AA meeting for shaving, I will proclaim to you my friends that I have been clean for four weeks now. This is a big deal. Sure, I have to wake up 25 minutes earlier than I normally do because I have the speed of a 14 year old. Sure, my knees have razor burn every.singe.time. But, I am clean. I can wear skirts now. I can go swimming. My life has no restrictions now.

I don’t know if I would necessarily fall into the “lady like” category, but I do know my legs would.

3 comments:

  1. I'm truly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the lazer hair removal method years ago... I am so glad I did! My nurse became one of my closest friends. I lost my unwanted hair and gained a wonderful friend!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your blog for a little while now and I must say, you crack me up!

    Up till now, I have not commented, however on this subject I must. I have been a shaver since I have been in my 20's. (I am past those now...that's all you get to know.) I am an avid shaver and shave everyday in the shower from top to bottom. Yep. TMI but that's the truth. I can whisk thru it so quick that I am complete before I think about it. You too, could join the world of whisking shavers. Join us. Come to the silky side!
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete