Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Almost Here...

When we hear phrases like, “you’re turning into your mother” or “you used to be so different” we often cringe. Not because our mothers are un-cool {in fact, Emily has a pretty rad mom} or because we feel like different is bad, but we cringe because there is change happening and often times we have no control over it.

Recently I have realized I fall into this category of wondering who I have become…

My friends, I am in love with OSU football. And it’s fierce. Two, three years ago I was going to games as a courtesy to the live in. I was bitter about waking up so early. I was in pain as the cold fall air flooded over me tailgate after tailgate. I {and I can’t believe I am saying this} never wanted us to go to a Bowl Game, as this would drag the season on even longer into winter. Today, I have turned into A MAN. Perhaps the live in has slowly been putting some sort of football love potion in my water? Or, perhaps, I have given in and realized just how sweet it is.

It was yesterday that I fully realized how head over heels I am. I was at work listening to a presentation of sorts when the next speaker was introduced…they ran through his bio…he was a USC graduate. Something came over me {probably the love potion} that made me yell out asking if he could “remember” this game. Who does that…and at work?

Needless to say, I can’t wait for September 5th. I have no issues with getting up early now, I crave tailgate food, and I need my AC/DC Thunderstruck as we roll into the 4th quarter. And above all, I am so grateful for our wonderful tailgate gang.

I don’t know who I have turned into but I can’t wait, Beaver Nation…can’t wait.


**Correction...it's not Thunderstruck in the 4th quarter, it's TNT. I am rather embarrassed by this little mistake as TNT IS my absolute fave. Beaver Nation, please forgive me.**

2 comments:

  1. Love this post, maybe its because I can relate with alot of it and I'm slowly getting there with Ducks Football Season....I still find myself watching the people around our seats or the cheerleaders more than the actual game! Don't tell B :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it!!! i to cannot wait for september 5th! so exciting! and getting up early well this game proves to be an early one lol! can't wait to see you!!! Sara B.

    ReplyDelete