Thursday, August 6, 2009

Love is Like Battleship

I am sure the award for “most delinquent blogger” is out there somewhere and is currently being engraved with my name on it. My apologies for the lack of real blogging lately. I have been busy trying to keep up with my live in husband…

Today the live in called from his office as he was re-programming his new blackberry. {For those keeping track the live in is now on blackberry number five. The last one fell victim to him accidentally leaving it in his pocket while rafting.} During this phone conversation he casually asks me what the electrical outlets look like in France. Like I have flashcards or something to identify every country’s outlets, why would I know this? I told him we have one at home and he can see it tonight. He then asked if I could look it up online. Remember, he is calling me from his office…where he has access to the same world wide web I do. I told him to look it up himself, to which he replied…and I quote…"because I am busy thinking.”

I could have gone so many directions with his reply. However, after nearly seven years in this Battleship like game I know to remain focused. The real question here is why he needed to know so bad? We are leaving for France in a few weeks, we have the outlet adapter at home, and the only thing he really needs to plug in is his iPod. And then, just like in Battleship, he makes a wrong move. He let it slip that he may have a connection to gain world access on his new blackberry. This is the hardest part for the live in…leaving his dear blackberry state side. I am sympathetic to his withdrawals; however world access is not in our travel vocabulary. This will not happen, or I can guarantee he will be on blackberry number six as his phone gets tossed into the Mediterranean by moi.

Truly, it’s for his own good.

This trip will be our longest ever. Which, in other words, means this trip will be the most the live in and his blackberry have ever been apart. Ever. I can already see him eagerly powering on in the Chicago airport as we return home…

Nice try, live in, nice try.

No comments:

Post a Comment