Saturday, August 15, 2009

Text Etiquette 101

What’s the policy on stalking your own husband? I mean, technically it wouldn’t be so bad, right?

A couple of days ago we were waiting in line while the live in ordered coffee. He handed me his blackberry while he grabbed his wallet. Of course I looked through his messages – who wouldn’t? I came across a text that read, “we are totally pregnant :)”. Yes, you read right. We are totally pregnant, smiley face.

Who is the baby’s mama? Should I fight for the loft and the rental house in the divorce, or just the loft? How soon can I change my last name back? All reasonable questions, all running through my head.

After Matlock like questioning, turns out it was a mass text sent by an over eager co-worker who, after months of “trying”, is like a day pregnant. Perhaps she should take a class {led by me} on text etiquette? First order of business would be: drop the “we” from the message and insert “my husband and I”…otherwise, honey, you just come across as a hussy.

I guess I’ll put the stalking on hold for now. But, I’ll definitely be channeling Veronica Mars for the next nine to ten months…

1 comment:

  1. I trust my BF completely, yet whenever the iPhone is unattended next to me-- BAM, I'm going through his texts. Not sure why... a DNA defect perhaps?

    As far as text ettiquette goes, I just think ladies need to be aware of how they adress men (taken or not).

    Example: when I was single I'd address my single guy friends as "honey" because I thought it was endearing. However, ever since the BF and I got together I have swapped "honey" for "bud" or "buddy."

    In my opinion, it's just classier AND helps to avoid these mix-ups.

    ReplyDelete