Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday!!

It’s Fri-day! {in big Oprah announcer voice}. Honestly, this has been one of the longest weeks on record and I am so delighted it’s over. I am even more delighted it’s a three day weekend.

Our brother in-law, Bryce, likes to make us play the “high point of the day / low point of the day” game after major events. For example, after my brother’s wedding. The live in, Bryce, Bryce’s wife Emily, and myself were sharing a room the night of the wedding and the high/low game lasted into the wee hours. High points included my strapless dress not falling down, no one embarrassing themselves in front of our parents, and watching our Dad learn to dance “like the kids”. Obviously, a low point on our list also included watching our Dad learn to dance “like the kids”.

My high point for the week:

• Listening to the live in and my Mom on the phone together. This is always funny, but was especially rich this week as my Mom had taken on the responsibility of getting the live in to go to court and avoid getting his license revoked. The night I overheard their conversation the live in had “intended” on going to court but had forgotten his wallet at home. I believe his response to my Mom was “oops”. Honestly, it’s the perfect scenario for me. She has a way of breaking things down for him, sympathizing with him, and mothering him all at once in a way that ultimately motivates him. He went to court last night, got it taken care of, and then called her to report back in. Her response…"We are so proud of you. Good job!” Seems like “we” are forgetting the events that lead him to go to court in the first place, but I am staying out of it.

My low point:

• At about 10:30am this morning realizing it wasn’t a good life decision to skip the shower. I am just not one of the lucky ones who can take a shower the night before work and call it good. My hair resembles the mane of a lion and I smell like a cross between a 17 year old boy and the lady standing outside the perfume counter at Macy’s shoving samples in your face. Don’t think this is forcing me to take refuge in the privacy of my lux cubicle though. Oh the contrary…you see I have a pretty serious disorder that forces me to tell those around me the details of my private life {hence, this blog} whether they want to hear or not. {Hey, at least you have a “un-follow this blog” button if it gets really bad}. So, just like a real life zoo lion, I am drawing quite the crowd of curious on-lookers.

Happy Friday, my dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment