Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Passport Love from The Live In

The live in and I were at party this last weekend where we only knew about a handful of the guests.  We met a lot of new people, including one very interesting couple. He was very calm and relaxed, she was the exact opposite. Her name was Cindy*. She would literally start yelling at him for the oddest things. At one point a picture got passed around and she missed it, so she turns to her husband and tells him that she didn’t see the photo. He said sorry, and explained that it was already several people down the line by this point. She got a weird look on her face and yelled, “MAKE IT HAPPEN.” This scared the live in and I.

Since I’ve been sorting and organizing lately I came across a few items that I wanted to be put in our safe deposit box at the bank. This morning I asked the live in to drop them off since he was going to be in the branch anyways. One of the items to be dropped off was our passports. We have no international trips planned, and no need for the passports that I could think of.

This afternoon I asked the live in if he had dropped everything off. {Because that’s what a good wife of Troy does…she double checks}. He said he had, but he wasn’t sure if we really should be putting our passports in. I asked why. He created a scenario where we were being super spontaneous and fleeing the country on a Sunday {the only day the bank is closed}. I told him it wasn’t likely that we would ever do that…however, I was cut off by him yelling out, “CANADA”! And so I conceded…I could tell he was very passionate about the subject. After all, I am not protecting our passports from other people; I am protecting them from us. I can just see us turning the loft upside down looking for them the night before a trip or something.

After all of this I asked if he had ended up leaving the passports out, and his response was this: “No, I didn’t want to disobey”.

Awesome. I laughed. I did, honestly. He must have been afraid I would go “Cindy” on him…


*name totally changed to protect the real life Mindy.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, laughing out loud! you two sound seriously hilarious. "I didn't want to disobey" haha! priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We keep our passports at home in our safe....just in case we might have to leave the country unexpectedly....and the safe is hidden...just can't seem to remember the combo!

    ReplyDelete