Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh, Live In

Happy Friday!

Guess who stopped by my office this morning and caused quite the commotion? The live in. He had a meeting on campus and decided to pay me and my office-mates a visit afterwards.

What started out as a quiet conversation in my lux-cube quickly turned into him wandering the halls of the building looking for friends. And he found them. The live in thrives off of stuff like this. He’s shaking hands, giving shout outs, and asking where the party is. {It was 10am…much too early for a party, even here.} I walked him over to the other side of the building so he could say hi to even more of his friends. This was a mistake.

One of our friends made a comment about his Wells Fargo jacket and the next thing I know he’s asking if she needs to open up a checking account. She did, actually. I thought this transaction would take place in…oh, I don’t know…the bank. But after some talking and fist pumping they were both excited and in agreement that “we should get this done now – why wait!” So we all parade down to the copy room so the live in can copy her i.d. and debit card. Don’t worry about all of our co-workers wondering why my live in needed a copy of her i.d. and debit card. Our admin was so confused she actually asked if this deal they had going down was legit.

After finishing their business the live in proceeds to shake more hands, and then starts to walk back toward my lux-cube. I cut him off. I told him that he didn’t need to leave; he just couldn’t come with me. I thanked my friend for babysitting and told her to see to it that he finds the elevator when he’s ready to go. And instead of a goodbye kiss or hug, I got a goodbye high five. He was in full on party mode.

But, just like always, everyone loves the live in. He’s legendary. They love him some much that he somehow got invited to happy hour tonight with the entire office…

1 comment: