Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy twenty ten!  I thought I’d start the year off right with a story about the live in.

Prior to Christmas the live in received a letter from the DMV, which I proceeded to open on his behalf. Half way through reading the letter I cornered the live in and asked if there was anything I should know about. He said no. So I told him the news. The live in’s license will be taken away the beginning of February for failure to complete the terms for his speeding ticket.

Just swell {sorry, I’ve been watching Mad Men}.

I wasted no time in letting him know that Tri Met has a very comprehensive website that will be happy to assist in his future transportation needs. I for one will not be shuttling him around. I even closed my eyes and envisioned him stepping off the bus in his Don Draper like suit, hustling off to a meeting, only to explain to everyone that his bus was late and he was truly sorry for the delay. And because the buses are always late, he’d be having this conversation daily. My day dreaming was cut short by the sound of him tearing the DMV document out of my hand to examine it.

He had paid his fine. He had gone to traffic school. But, what he didn’t do was read. He neglected to read the not so fine print which explained the paper work that needed to be returned and processed. So now the live in is required in court.

Before you all come forward as character witnesses, please keep in mind that today marks the live in’s third failed attempt at making it into court. Although he doesn’t have a scheduled appointment with the judge, he does have a deadline. And it’s just around the corner. I’ll give him a pass on the second attempt though, which was last week during the commute-a-palooza.

Oh well, maybe we’ll save some money on car insurance once he gets his bus pass.

Regardless of this little “misunderstanding,” as the live in puts it, there is no one I’d rather go into 2010 with…no matter how deep in the court system he is. {I draw the line at conjugal visits though, live in.}

3 comments:

  1. Oh TLI!! We would be so bored without his mischiefs...
    And by the way, I am addicted to Mad Men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts make me smile!! Keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love Mad Men....that Don Draper (Jon Hamm) is a heart breaker! Did you see him on 30 Rock last year as Tiny Fey's boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete