Friday, July 2, 2010

Skype, Chad, and Friends

A major thank you to everyone who welcomed me back via blog comments, emails, and Facebook messages. I have a feeling I have the best friends in the world.

Big plans for the holiday weekend? We are headed to the dirty south for some sun, and some Audrey time. She’s a funny little gal. And although she and I Skype a lot, I’m excited to see her chubby thighs in person. I’ve asked my sister several times if I could babysit via Skype, you know for some quality Audrey / Erica bonding time…she said no. I think I’ll ask in another month or two when she’s really sleep deprived and see if the outcome is different.

While we are gone our semi-aggressive Beta fish, named Chad Ochocinco, will be fending for himself. Honestly, I think this bothers the live in more so than Chad. The live in adores Chad. Last night he and I got home very late in the day (actually, into the next day) and the live in proceeds to feed Chad. But apparently Chad had already peaced out for the day because he was refusing to eat. This deeply concerned the live in, who then proceeds to talk Chad (the fish) into eating his dinner. And although I think its bizarre behavior for a grown man to be coaxing a fish to eat his dinner at 1am, it worked. Obviously they have a connection beyond my comprehension. I hope they both survive the weekend apart.

But really, I hope Chad doesn’t die while we’re gone. It’s always 50/50 with fish…

2 comments:

  1. So good to have you back! I love your details of every day events. Have fun in the larger village, and enjoying time with the family!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever seen the movie "What about Bob?"- If you need to travel again, you could always put Chad in a jar and hang him around Troy's neck? Did the fish survive the holiday?
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete