Thursday, February 12, 2009

If You Must...

Could this week get any crazier? I am sure you all have seen the latest news headlines regarding my place of employment and can image the type of crazy I am talking about. What’s more disturbing are the other headlines you are reading…"Valentine’s Day is February 14th!”

I loath Valentine’s Day. I think this “holiday”, as Hallmark puts it, is perfectly fine to be celebrated by children, and parents, and even friends. The best Valentine’s Day gift I ever received was a box of cute rubber stamps from my Mom and Dad (woo hoo Dad, there’s your shout out) when I was little. But as a romantic holiday, forget about it. It’s not for me. The live in knows he is freakin’ lucky to have legal bond with such a rad person, I don’t need him to tell me on the only day every other broad gets told. And I certainly don’t need him to bring home the last pre-made bouquet from Safeway and expect me to act like it’s a villa in Tuscany.

The live in rocks. Not only did he make a deal with the only girl who finds this day to be totally uncreative, tacky, and all together sad for most men. But, he also does an awesome job everyday of finding rad local places most guys only hear of on V-Day. Just in case you were tortured as a child, or have weird issues that only Valentine’s Day can cure here are a list of pretty neat places that might just take part of the tacky out of this bizarre day.

R Blooms
Sammy’s Flowers
Cupcake Jones (far better than St. Cupcake’s BTW, as proven in our three person taste test.)
Beaverton Bakery
Pearl Bakery
Oblation Paper & Press
Judith Arnell Jewelers (shout out to the high rollers!)

… shop locally!

2 comments:

  1. I LOATH it too!! I think I'll do things for Davis until he is old enough to hate it as well, but as for B and I...nadda! Ohh and can I come on your next cupcake tasting adventure?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shout out to me... I was one-third of the cupcake tasting team! If you want to get back to Valentine's Day goodness you can come party it up with 20 first graders next year... pending I don't get a pink slip in 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete