Monday, February 16, 2009

Sorry Vera!

Maybe it’s the seven year itch, maybe it’s my practical side, but whatever it is I think I just made Vera Wang mad.

Loyal blog followers know I am not a romantic. I place more importance on the Monday-Sunday, warmin’ up my leftovers, cleaning hairballs out of the drain type of things. Six and a half years ago I didn’t care about saving the top tier of wedding cake for our first anniversary, nor did I care about something old, something new, blah blah blah.

This is why I had no issues cutting up my wedding dress this past weekend. Actually, not so much cut it up but rather altered into soon-to-be little black dress perfection. The live in wasn’t as fast to grab the scissors though. The look said it all. It’s the look he gives me when he knows he has no say in the decision but really, really wants me to think about what I am doing. And I did. And we cut. The same two people that helped me pick out the dress circa 2002 helped me transform it into the timeless classic it will soon become.

And if my not even a notion in my head future daughter wants to see my original wedding dress, I’ll show her a picture. If she wants to wear the dress in her own wedding, I’ll give her the three feet of fabric we cut off and tell her to go wild.

So, look for the new little black dress to debut this Spring!

(p.s. Just because I know there are haters out there…yah, the dress still fits like a glove. An awesome, Vera Wang glove.
-Skinny girl OUT. )

3 comments:

  1. i'm dying to see it! Can I get a sneak peak? Ohh and do you sew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know one place that it's a little tighter than it was 6.5 years ago!!

    ReplyDelete