Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sidebar Thursday!

Introducing…Sidebar Thursdays! Random rants, shout outs, and restaurant updates for the week!

I heart Eddie! Imagine my delight when Hard Sun was on the mixed tape little bil made! Although I still rocked out to the other EV songs I was most ecstatic for Hard Sun. Because, I already have the album from Itunes but for some reason it was the only song that didn’t download…twice! Thanks little bil, I know mixed tapes are how you win all the ladies...at least this one doesn’t have your speaking voice on it!

When your stylist, or friend, or trusted gossip magazine tells you it’s a good idea to not wash your hair everyday, perhaps try this on the weekend first. No, I didn’t wash my hair yesterday. Yes, I did take a shower. Yes, I did let my hair get all wet and tangled in the shower. I realize now this isn’t what it means to “not wash your hair”. Mid day yesterday I even considered changing into workout clothes so that people might assume I had just been at the gym and that was why I looked like a homeless mess. (No offense to my homeless readers. I see you squatting under the 405 all hooked up with wireless.)

No great restaurant updates this week. I’ll have a good one for you next week though! It’s one of the few dishes I constantly crave, and hopefully we can find time this weekend to go. It’s worth the drive…there’s your hint!

5 comments:

  1. Love the comment about changing into your workout clothes, cracking up over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock it out Lil Bil!! I was lost for a minute but now I can't stop laughing

    TC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little bil (that's "Brother-in-Law" if you, like me, had no idea what the heck the big SIL was talking about) checking in here... I hope Troy's ok and want to defend myself and say that A) "bil" is not a term in common usage and B) I haven't been lil/little since I was a glimmer in my mother's eye, so I hope you understand my confusion.

    Keep on rockin' the mix tape, although, it was really more of a "hey, what's on your computer so I have something to listen to on the ride home" tape. If you want a real mix tape I can make you one... I may even sing on it.

    I'm still looking forward to the contributing a guest recipe in anticipation of the release of my much anticipated cookbook.

    -LIL BIL OUT

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, that was a real mixed tape. Just admit it.
    p.s. guest spots on this blog are in high demand...the recipe better be good.

    ERICA OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, no. Don't wash your hair every day. But you can shower, get it wet and use conditioner! I wash mine every 3rd-4th day. My 2nd or 3rd days are the best hair days. Also, my friend Kathy did the vinegar & baking soda thing: http://vastamount.blogspot.com/search/label/no%20shampoo

    ReplyDelete