Wednesday, February 25, 2009

World on Sale

Today someone referred to our current economy as “a shopper’s paradise”. Meaning, if you have the cash and aren’t afraid to spend it, there are some pretty amazing deals to be had. I won’t bore you with these “amazing deals” because unless you have been living in a hole, or have turned off your power to save some cha ching, you are just as aware as I am. However, what about in the travel industry? I would consider myself to be pretty darn obsessed with staying current on the happenings and found that I was shocked to see just how low they are willing to go.

The live in husband and I have a week of holiday towards the end of March. This was planned long before the sky started to fall but, partially for fun and partially for lack of ideas / effort / creativity, we still have not decided on a destination. This is extremely rare. I have our next three vacations planned already, yet still no spot picked for our vaca FOUR WEEKS from now??

We could do a cruise, since they are next to free right now. Literally. But, we aren’t really the cruising type. In my mind this type of vacation is reserved for residents of Kansas, Ohio, or other middle states. Also, I prefer the option of ditching my travel partner via public transportation. (Note to self: great idea for future post…places Troy has been ditched.)

Then there is Mexico, it’s on the cheap right now too. Our pasty white faces would love us for going to Mexico. In fact, maybe this would get The Patty off my back, since the last time I saw her she asked “what happened to all of your freckles?” But never mind, it’s Spring Break in Mexico. I’ve thrown my swimsuit off one too many times already this year, not going to happen in front of Girls Gone Wild.

Vegas? It’s a possibility. The live in would love to go down there and shake his bon bon for a few nights. And, according to my sources, you can practically name your price on hotels right now. It’s just doesn’t seem like the best use of a week off. So, my vote for now is a no.

Who knows where the live in and I will end up in a few weeks. And maybe this one ends up being a game day decision. Last minute travel is chic now. And what’s even more chic, saving money. Which, in this economy, we are bound to do.

4 comments:

  1. Shake his bon bon! LOL! We are deciding where to go for a long weekend, I'm feeling a HUGE need to get away, sleep, eat, relax, drink etc. We are leaning towards Scottsdale or Palm Springs. Good luck deciding! If you have any good deal travel sites to visit, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, instead of your little get-a-way you should be looking at bigger things. Such as a great place for katie and I to go for our honeymoon. Come on travel agent Erica. Anyway my vote for you guys is nice trip to costa rica. Great time of year for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my vote is mexico!! sara b. =)

    ReplyDelete