Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Confession

It’s been three and a half months since I have been off the juice. Sure, I’ve had a sip here and there but, for the most part I have been pretty strong about avoiding caffeine.
No coffee. No soda. No tea.

Sidebar: this decision was spurred by an optimal health goal…nothing more.

Today, however, I threw myself off of my no-caffeine high horse and joined the rest of you junkies. I had an extremely early morning after a very late night. I am not 21, I am not a mom…lack of sleep is my kryptonite.

I lasted until noon exactly before I calmly walked over the cafeteria, purchased my drug, and calmly walked back to my desk. The second I sat down the can was opened…I drank that Pepsi so fast I should have just shot-gunned it. At least then the soda stain I received from drinking too fast would have been more acceptable.

I am going to be honest; the rest of the afternoon was a dream. Caffeine is fun! Some people say you can get the same high from exercise…yeah, probably not worth it.

So there it is, my caffeine confession. Tomorrow, I am off the junk…

No comments:

Post a Comment