Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Battle: Bananas!

Loft life is starting to stink…literally. It’s been over three weeks since the live in bought these bananas at the grocery store.Originally the cluster probably had a total of six bananas on it, so in 21+ days he has managed to consume only three. Around day 14 I started to probe about the future of the three remaining bananas…pleading with the live in to either make a freakin smoothie out of the poor things or toss them. He assured me the banana situation would be taken care of.

Sidebar: Those who don’t know me that well, or those who don’t know the rad dynamic the live in and I have are probably asking why I just don’t kill off the bananas myself. You poor things…that’s just not in my nature (or nurture). I live for battles like this. It reminds me of the great suitcase brawl of ’06. The live in and I had returned from a long vaca, his suitcase got plopped down in the middle of the living room floor, and it stayed there…unpacked…for two blissful months. Every morning he would walk past the bathroom and into the living room to use the deodorant out of his suitcase. I can’t remember why he eventually unpacked his suitcase, but I can remember savoring my sweet victory.

Well day 14 has long passed and the bananas are starting to look like a third grader’s science experiment. I don’t see any mold yet, but it has to be only a matter of days. On day 19 the live in looked at the bananas and said, “perfect for making banana bread!” To which I replied, “Then either make some freakin banana bread or put them in the freezer.” However, no movement yet.

As the days pass and mold becomes inevitable the fate of these three bananas are pretty much sealed. I don’t see any banana bread in their future. However, I do see plenty of banana bread in our future. As you can tell by the 2nd photo this banana battle isn’t the first. Our freezer is becoming so full with nearly bad bananas (just waiting to become banana bread) we are starting to store our chicken in the ice maker! Is this normal?!? I sincerely doubt it. The live has got get his banana spending (and wasting) under control, especially since some of those bad boys are organics from Whole Foods! News flash live in: neither money nor bananas grow on trees! Or do they…?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds EXACTLY like an episode of "Everyone Loves Raymond!" Get Netflix and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: the suitcase: that is:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't cave. When you get home from your upcoming road trip adventure those things are definitely going to be "ripe".

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg!! you and the live in are so silly!! hurry up and make some bread lol =P sb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Febreze it.

    Rotten bananas are the worst. I like em green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hilarious! I do the same thing to B sometimes, but I cave! Your strong. BTW, I found a great banana bread recipe if you want to whip it up. Its on the heather bullard site on the left of my blog. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this...so freakin' funny!

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete