Saturday, March 28, 2009

Home!

Nothing makes our heart grow fonder for our little loft, and our little neighborhood than some away time. But as if they could sense it, our fabulous Video Rama called just as we returned home to politely ask we return the DVD that is eight days late. Welcome back, us. Actually we knew the vaca was about over yesterday – the live in ran out of Breathe Right Strips, and I ran out of clean underwear. Apparently neither of us is very good at counting.

We had amazing food the entire trip and I have included links below to a few must visit spots if you happen to be in the area. Also, the below pictures are a few of my favs from the Monterey Bay Aquarium

Big Sur, California
Nepenthe Restaurant: Amazing view! I would be surprised to hear of a restaurant with a better view on the entire West Coast. If so, let me know. This is a very, very cool spot.

{View at Nepenthe's}

Sonoma, California
El Cactus Tacos: Alright, so no link for this one but Sonoma is very small so you would have no problem finding it :) It's worth the hunt...

The Sonoma Cheese Factory: Surprisingly, this was the best meal I had the entire week. I am already planning a trip back down just for this food. The main building is the retail store for the cheese factory which is Heaven in and of itself, but outside on the patio is a small grill that serves steak tacos, hamburgers, turkey burgers, etc. The steak tacos were the best I have ever tasted. Honestly, so good!! And I loved this place because we truly felt we had found a great local spot.

The Girl and The Fig: A great place for dinner! The outside patio is to die for with all of the fountains, and fire pits, and plants. The perfect spot to end an evening!

Kenwood, California
Cafe Citti: Ahh, I loved this place. The perfect roadside cafe to mind trick anyone into thinking they are in Italy. So good!

{Jelly Fish}

{More Jelly Fish...}

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looks like you had a great trip. All those places are within a few hours of where I live, so I'll definitely check them out next time I am visiting!

    ReplyDelete