Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Cha Ching!

Day light savings is this Sunday! Don’t ask me if you fall forward or spring back, that’s a question more suited for the live in. He knows about all those tricky life questions…like the moon, or the government.

The live in and I have also decided to do a little savings of our own. AKA hunkering down. We go through this phase every year or so when we feel like we could tighten the belt a notch or two. Think of it as a cleanse for the bank account. However, this isn’t necessarily conducive to our current lifestyle or loft living.

Not that we are high rollers, but we do fill up our calendars with weekly happy hours and play dates, all while dedicating some time to pumping mula back into the local economy. And as if those cuts won’t be painful enough try having a sidebar conversation with the live in on where extra money should be saved.

The answer is obvious. Any normal, budget conscious human would see it too…cable. Cut the freakin cable. Football is over, The Travel Channel went bad, and I can’t handle another episode of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Surprisingly, this isn’t in line with TLI’s thoughts. In fact, he gave me a look like I was asking him to cut off his left ball.

Where then? I have already considered returning all of the cans and bottles from our building’s recycling area to Safeway and pocketing the cash. The bin is on rollers, I could just wheel it down there! Although, I know at least three homeless people I would have to roll it past, and I wouldn’t want to risk being perceived as throwing this glut of aluminum inventory in their faces.

Our first step will be eating in, and our second step will be actively working to invent new iPhone applications. (Apparently that’s a booming profession.) I am not sure how long this go at the financial cleanse will last, but save a spot at the happy hour table!

1 comment:

  1. You make me cry with laughter every time I read your blog! At least Troy just gives you a funny look when you ask him if you can cancel cable. Eric would ask me for a divorce! BTW, can we please have an update on Vera?

    ReplyDelete