Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Five Star Felon...

It’s the end of day four on our road trip and we find ourselves going to bed in beautiful Sonoma. We’ve stayed in three different hotels so far and tonight’s is by far the best. Actually, the live in and I have decided this is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in. It’s so nice, it made me turn felon. I am not new to five star stays either, just last night we stayed in this hotel which was fantastic too. In fact we’ve managed to live it up for the past six years without me turning felon...until tonight.

For starters we were upgraded to one of the nicest suites at the hotel which, in my defense, was very overwhelming and definitely lead to my criminal behavior. Because we are on a no-reservations road trip we only booked the room for one night thinking if we want to stay longer we will, if we don’t we’ll keep moving. We walked into the room, and about 3 minutes later picked up the phone to extend our stay an additional night. Problem was this particular room wasn’t available two nights, so we were moved next door to an identical room that was. This is when crazy, should probably be on Oprah for “behavior” like this Erica came out. In the “move” I decided to lift the toilet paper. Yes, you read me right, I stole toilet paper!! Who does this? I am a sucker for great packaging I guess. You have to understand here - it is wrapped in the nicest, perfect color orange tissue paper, and sealed with a monogrammed black ribbon. Now do you understand?

Who knows what felon Erica will lift next? We are going on a wine tasting tour tomorrow; maybe I’ll spot some Kleenex I can’t live without. I may even re-gift this TP to one of you…

4 comments:

  1. Wahooooo! Where are you guys staying? I need to check it out...ohh and do you know how jealous I am that your on vacation! Please don't tell me if its sunny, I might cry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say if the toilet paper is worth stealing - then that's a once in a lifetime opportunity to steal good looking toilet paper. You were just seizing the moment. Felon, shmelon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hotels expect people to take things like that with them. It's built into your room price! So don't feel TOO guilty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. orange and black really??? lol i would have taken it tooo! i tip my hat to you erica!!

    sara b. =P

    ReplyDelete