Monday, March 9, 2009

Come on, Portland...Wake Up and Smell the Fresh Air.

Honestly? I mean H-O-N-E-S-T-L-Y?! I realize this article came out several days ago, but it wasn’t until yesterday that I truly got fired up over it. And since I am a redhead (natural – thank you very much) this means my rage has a little extra heat behind it.

At first I loved this article. In the same way that I love me a bad hotel review on Trip Advisor, for a place I know as perfectly fabulous. Plus, everyone knows the people who post reviews on Trip Advisor are either washed up hippies or super cheap “business travelers” who only eat at the hotel restaurant. So, if we apply Trip Advisor math to this beloved article: the riff raff stays out, chain restaurant growth declines, and my commute home stays capped at 20 minutes.

However, maybe we should have been named "Most Insecure City in America"? Actually, not so much “we” but more like a select handful of people (probably not even living IN Portland) who have taken this article as truth. All of a sudden perfectly happy people are feeling like they should be miserable. Like maybe the grass is greener in the warmth of The Devil’s state (aka California). Apparently these people have forgotten about our amazing restaurants, perfect skyline, and FRESH AIR…


Behold, Oregon Fresh Air. Even more satisfying, this bliss in a can was found and purchased in The Devil’s state. So...write an article about that!

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was bizarre - Seriously, there are so many other depressing cities than Portland! I mean, I don't understand how Portland beats out Detroit on the depression scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know it you noticed the small print, but apparently Troy wasn't the only great thing to come out of the RR.

    ReplyDelete