Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sidebar Thursday! (yes, I know it's Saturday.)

My apologies faithful readers! I realize I am two days late…but, good to know you are keeping up with the blog and keeping me on my toes.

Speaking of toes…should I be offended that a co-worker gave me Sneaker and Shoe Deodorizer? I am not talking sample size either. This is the full on 9.5oz spray can. Don’t get me wrong, the product is awesome. In fact, I keep it at work and have been known to spray up to three times per day depending on the shoes I am wearing!

Shout out to the live in for giving me a new copy of Return to Me after I wore out my old DVD (yes, this can happen if you really, really like a movie). Honestly, I thought that he had purposely damaged the DVD because he was tired of watching it…

Restaurant Updates:
I cried for three days straight after Tuscany Grill closed their doors, so you can imagine how excited I was to hear that their executive chef had opened up a new restaurant. Decarli is located in Beaverton (weird, I know) but is definitely worth the trip out! The space is amazing – it has an urban restored-warehouse feel that would be perfect for a small reception or party, but is still intimate enough for a great dinner. The food was AMAZING! At the recommendation of my Aunt and Uncle we all shared the polenta fries, which are unlike anything you have tasted. I won’t even go into detail about our entrees, because everything was so truly delicious I don’t think you can go wrong with your choice. The service was in typical Italian fashion – slow, but purposely slow. Go to enjoy yourself, not to race through dinner. Bottom line: I am putting this restaurant in my top five Portland picks. Go eat at Decarli. Go now.

The East side rocks. If I didn’t live here, I would definitely be an East side girl right now. Our latest new-to-us East side eatery is Lucca. We split the pesto chicken salad and a fennel sausage pizza for a simple lunch. They nailed the pizza sauce. In a blind taste test I honestly don’t think I could pick out the Roman pizza sauce between the Portland Lucca pizza sauce. But, if you want to eat something other than pizza sauce all of our food was delicious! And the after lunch scone was divine!! Seriously, I bet people go just for the scones.

Shout out to our favorite server, and an all around pretty cool guy, David! From Oba to The House of Huey thank you for everything! When can we start putting orders in for your homemade beer?

Eat well friends!

2 comments:

  1. I am craving those polenta fries! Just thinking about them makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of your negative shout out to Beaverton. Stop making fun of my hood!

    -Sara

    ReplyDelete